Friday, January 12, 2007

Our House

I was reminded last night by Jared that I have yet to post any pictures of our new house. I was waiting for things to be more in order, and then I just forgot. Things are pretty much the way they are going to be for a while, but we still have things we need/want to do to the house. So, here it goes.


The front of our house. I can't wait for the trees to grow! (there are 2 trees that I couldn't get in the shot)


The dining room is the first thing you see when you walk in (to the right). It opens up to the kitchen.


A view of our kitchen - I wish I could cook!


Breakfast nook with a door to the outside patio. Eric broke one of the chairs last weekend while installing a fan in the living room. He also hurt himself a bit, but is doing much better now.


Our backyard. It's big and bare, and again, I can't wait for the trees to grow!


Living room. We got the couch for $350 because it has a slight tear on one end. We decided we could live with that.



Upstairs is the master bedroom, which we love. Our bathroom has a beautiful garden tub and window.



There's also a gameroom upstairs, which is handy for storing Charlotte's growing collection of toys. The house also came with a built in tech center, which is where I happily blog away.


Down the hall is Charlotte's room. It's small, but cute.


And here's a shot of the guest bedroom, ready to accept anyone willing to travel down to San Antonio.

That's just about it. Does anyone watch "What You Get for the Money" on HGTV? If you don't, it's a show that travels across the county showing the kind of home a person could afford with the same amount of money. I feel like we lived an episode of that show. What we found is that for less than the cost of a one bedroom apartment in the Bronx, one could own a spacious home in San Antonio. Yipee!

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog and great pictures of your home!!! I enjoyed reading your blogs and will have TJ read the one about our Christmas Eve Dinner Guests. I totally agree that we should stick to just a nice family dinner. I only wish you would include more pictures of Charlotte's Christmas at the Lake. There were some great pictures there. I will also take my camera connections so that you can have the last group of pictures we took of her first hair cut. Mom

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Love the house. SO MUCH ROOM. Our entire apartment is probably the size of your living room.

Let me know when you need the queer eye for all that re-decorating!

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home