Tuesday, December 12, 2006

When I Grow Up I Want to Be


This afternoon I was going through a box of stuff from my childhood that my mom saved for me. In it I found a book called "School Days". Inside there are pages for each year of school with places to paste a school picture and write about the highlights of the year. There is also a section titled "When I Grow Up I Want to Be" where professions are listed with boxes to the left of them. You could check as many professions as you wanted. Unfortunately, my book doesn't go past 5th grade, and the last time I filled out that section was in the 2nd grade. Apparently I wanted to be a lot of things. Here they are:

astronaut
Actor
Artist
Doctor
Mother
Nurse
Teacher
Actress
Singer
Model
Attorney
Secretary
Writer

Handwritten in the 'other' category: Vet, Seqtery.

Isn't that funny? I wanted to be an actor AND and actress. I'm not sure what a Seqtery is, but I have been a secretary. All in all, I have been a large number of my desired professions. I've been an actress, artist (in the musical sense), mother, teacher, singer, and secretary, and if you count blogging, a writer too! I don't think I have a career in modeling, and it's far too late to become an astronaut (although I'd go on a commercial flight to space anytime), and I have no desire any longer to be a doctor, veterinarian, nurse, or attorney. So, my dreams have come true. Yeah life!

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the girl I was missing the other night I went to Madison High area.The peace and joy I felt when I looked at this picture you will experience when you see Charlotte pictures after she becomes an adult.
Love
Dad

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Jay said...

What a great treasure, these items you found. Ten years ago (or more), I stupidly threw away several boxes of stuff from my growing up years. Thanks for sharing this.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

I wish I still had my old boxes and notebooks, too. My youngest sister always kept up with hers, which is hilarious and delightful. Alas, I have only what's stuck in my head...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home