Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More Adventure

Charlotte is taking a nap right now. I'm trying to be better about having her on a schedule. We've been moving around so much lately that I think she needs routines right now. We have no plans to travel anywhere for a long time, but we are accepting visitors (hint, hint).

There was another family wedding this past weekend by the water. My cousin Robbie married his longtime girlfriend Leslie in a beautiful ceremony at the church where his parents were married. We all thought that was a wonderful way to honor his parents and their marriage. I sang "Ave Maria" and "No Greater Gift" (1 Cor. 13 text) during the wedding from the choir loft. (I like singing but not being seen, especially when I don't have my music memorized.) Charlotte decided she wanted a solo of her own and could be heard through the cry room for a good portion of the service. I sat in the choir loft aching to comfort her, but knowing I couldn't until I finished the second song. My dad and Eric said that she stopped crying when I was singing, and that after she cried herself to sleep, she woke up again briefly when she heard me sing the second song. Isn't that sweet?

Sunday night Charlotte got sick for the first time. She vomited twice and it was pretty messy, but she didn't seem to care too much after we gave her a bath and settled her in again for the night, this time in our room. It was brief, but still awful. I hated seeing her sick.

On a completely different note, I saw for the first time since moving back to Texas a truck with a gun rack and rifle in the back. Frightening. We also drove by a store called "Guns and Gold." Even more frightening. You can go jewelry and gun shopping at the same time! I was reminded about a woman from Texas who called the Manhattan Church of Christ wondering if it was ok to bring a gun with her when she visited New York. I calmly told her that it wasn't. It's a good thing she couldn't see the look on my face.

6 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

Was that lady in Texas planning on shooting someone here?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger D.J. said...

She didn't say, but I guess it was a safety issue. Some people still think New York is the crime capital of the world.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Okay, okay, stop hinting! I'll get you a gun holster for Christmas...

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

That's scary since most of us are unarmed. Could you imagine Miss Paranoid shooting at someone who looked at her the wrong way? In fact, I think it's better for someone who feels that way to stay home.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

I totally agree. I'd be too afraid of accidentally shooting myself to run around with one.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Little Light said...

D.J. - there are more mommy and baby avatars you should check out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home