Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Getting Too Old for This

I've always loved roller coasters, or any ride that feels semi-dangerous were it not for the harnesses. I remember crying at Diseneyland when I was ten because my dad wouldn't let me get on Space Mountain by myself (he wouldn't ride with me). When I finally was old enough to ride it, I loved it and rode it as many times as possible. My dream back then was to be at an amusement park with just my family so we could ride all the rides as many times as we wanted without waiting in line. This weekend, that dream came true.

Eric's mom and her boyfriend were in town for Thanksgiving and we decided to take them to Sea World. Lucky for us, there were very few people there. We were able to catch every show and ride all the rides as many times as we wanted. Only problem was that I couldn't handle riding them more than once. The Steel Eel and the Great White did me in. I came off of them with both a headache and backache, not to mention the mild nausea. I can't believe it - I'm officially old. I even thought to myself "I'll never let Charlotte ride this" a few times, but I know I'll end up letting her. All I have to do is think of the young me.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DeeDee,
I'm sorry I did not allow you to ride spacemountain when you were 10,however,I know that I would still do it again. Sorry, but seeing my little girl by herself riding spacemountain was to much for me. I know that when Charlotte asks to ride you will get on it with her.Charlotte is lucky to have a mom who is not scared to ride.
Love,
Daddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home