Monday, December 18, 2006

Small Revelation

What I miss most about New York (aside from my friends of course) is the unexpected. I miss waking up each day and knowing that anything could happen. Ordinary days were plentiful, but there was always the possibility of something different happening. Perhaps you would be offered tickets to Letterman while walking down the street, or maybe receive a pass to a movie screening, or literally bump into a celebrity. Maybe CSI would be filming on your street, or your church was being used as a holding/catering center for a film. All of these things were possible, and in deed did happen.

Interesting things just don't happen like that in San Antonio. I've heard about a few Eva Longoria and Tony Parker sightings, and once George Strait came to the drive through of Bill Millers Barbeque while I was working, but overall, things here are more predictable. That's not a bad thing, it's just different from what I became use to.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you remembered your friends in what you miss about NY. we so often want what we don't have and fail to appreciate what we do have (I'd just say me, but I know it's not just me).

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DJ:

We miss you so much. We were at Penang yesterday (staff gift exchange) and on the way home Larry, Amy, and I saw Ron Perlman crossing at 79th. It's not Nicole Kidman, but it will do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home