Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Day

I wanted to attend the Martin Luther King Jr. Walk today with Charlotte, but two things kept us from going. First, Charlotte is just getting over a cold - her first. It has been very unpleasant around here for the last week. She has never experienced congestion like that, and it was easy to see how uncomfortable she was. The first night, she was waking up every half hour because she having a hard time breathing through her nose. Rather than keep Eric up with this, I decided to sleep with Charlotte in the guest room, but there was not much sleep to be had. She's finally getting better, although it's all settled in her chest and sounds actually worse. The good part is that she's more herself and is once again having fun playing and rolling around on the floor. She should be crawling soon.

The second thing that kept us from going to the walk this morning is the freakishly cold and wet weather down here. It's in the mid 30's right now, and the temperature is expected to drop to the 20's tonight. They say snow is in our forecast, but I'm not so sure. I grew up hearing plenty of predictions for snow, and only once did we actually see snow.

So, Charlotte and I will stay home today, and stay in our pajamas at that. Should be fun.
__________________________________________________

My mom requested that I post more pictures of Charlotte from Christmas at their house. I'd post just about every picture I have of Charlotte if I could, but I've tried to restrain myself. But, since there has been a request, here are 2 more adorable pictures of my completely adorable child.



1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Post away darling. We're all friends here and while we admire your restraint, we also realize that you are a new mother -- and who is going to brag on the child if it isn't you?!

We love Charlotte!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home