Friday, March 10, 2006

The Runner

Somehow I inadvertently took off the ability to post comments to my last two entries, but it's fixed now. So, comment away!
____________________________________________________

Since I moved up to Riverdale, I've noticed a woman who runs regularly. I usually see her in the mornings when I walk to my bus stop. She's not like most runners who look like they enjoy running. She always has a look of extreme pain mixed with determination. Actually, she looks rather comical. Do you remember in Rocky (I think it was in Rocky), when he runs up and down a huge outdoor staircase as part of his training? Well, she does that, only we don't have huge staircases, so she runs up and down the two or three steps that lead up to apartment buildings and nursing homes. How much does that really help her workout?

Still, I can't help but admire this woman. She has consistently run for about two years now, and it certainly shows. She is disciplined in a way that I have never been. Right now, the only thing I'm disciplined about is taking long, hot showers twice a day and applying a honey butter lotion to my belly that is suppose to prevent stretch marks. Does that count?

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

It counts.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I was trying to comment last night and thougth I'd lost my mind. Glad you cleared that up.

All things count in moderation. Including eating heaping plates of mac and cheese. (Last night for me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home