Saturday, September 09, 2006

We're Here

After what seemed like quite a journey, our entire family made it to San Antonio. We closed on our New York apartment on August 31st (which is a blog all too itself) and left that evening for Cape Cod to spend a few days with Eric's mom. The Cape was wonderful and relaxing, but it ended too soon. On Tuesday morning, the Vila family woke at 2:30 a.m., packed up, and headed for Providence, RI to catch a plane to San Antonio. Actually, it was just me and Charlotte on the plane. She is quite the jet setter and didn't fuss too much. Naturally, everyone adored her. After dropping us off, Eric and our two cats continued their three day journey by car to San Antonio. Eric was fortunate enough to find hotels along the way that allowed cats, so Chester and Henry were quite comfortable. Late Thursday evening, our family was reunited and it felt so good (yes, I'm quoting a song).

So far, we are enjoying San Antonio. It's so wonderful being around family and I can already tell that Charlotte is going to benefit from all the love and attention she's getting. We don't miss the city (sorry New Yorkers), but we do miss all of our friends and church family. We really look forward to visiting you guys with Charlotte in the near future. I don't think I'll be able to completely get New York out of my system.

As I end this blog, here are a few adjustments that will have to be made now that I live in San Antonio:

1.) I can't judge what the weather is like by watching what Matt Laurer is wearing on the Today show every morning.

2.) Central time means that the evening news is at 5:30 and that prime time shows starts at 7:00 p.m.

3.) "Fall like weather" is a high of 86 degrees. I kid you not, that's a quote from the local weather man.

4.) The stores are soooo huge - they all look like Costco.

5.) You can buy 3 liter Coke bottles instead of 2.

6.) Trucks, very big obnoxious trucks and SUV's.

7.) Driving everywhere. Nothing is within walking distance, and there are very few sidewalks even if you wanted to walk.

8.) Smooth roads. Charlotte prefers bumpy ones, so she's been a little grumpy on car rides.

9.) No tolls, which is a great thing!

10.) Easy parking, which is also a great thing!

5 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

Miss you anyway!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Wow, never thought you'd go back. Interesting the change in perspective (parking, big stores, smooth roads, etc). I miss NYC but couldn't go back, either, unless I was a bazillionaire.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Merle said...

Ugh. I miss you so. I miss you so so so....

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

I miss you, too!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger kenny said...

We miss you too! Erin especially misses baby Charlotte.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home