Friday, July 07, 2006

Charlotte on the Go


OK, so all I can blog about is Charlotte now. Go figure, right?

Charlotte has been quite the little trooper lately. Last Sunday we took her to church for the first time, and dedicated her. She was only 12 days old at the time, but handled herself like a much older baby. The above picture was taken on the way out of our apartment. She looks like she's ready for anything. Once we got to church, I nursed her in the hopes that she would peacefully sleep through the dedication, which is exactly what she did. The dedication was wonderful, and very emotional for me. The congregation prayed over us, and Eric and I renewed our faith in God and our promise to each other in marriage before dedicating Charlotte. I also made a brief video in iMovie for Charlotte and used the song "Baby Mine" as the background music. As anyone can tell, I'm very proud of our little girl.

After the dedication, we decided to try dining out for the first time. Applebee's seemed like the best choice since it's close to our apartment and usually pretty fast. She did great. We asked for a corner table so that nursing would be more private, and it worked. I successfully nursed in public for the first time! Yeah! After lunch, I put her in the sling and we all went to Target. She did great there too.

On the 4th of July, we decided to try going a movie with her. Eric had been dying to see Superman, so Superman it was. It was a lengthy movie, and I did miss part of the climax, but all in all, Charlotte was wonderful.

This week, we have no plans. Perhaps Charlotte needs a little break from all the excitement.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to bring her to a party!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

Yay for you, Eric, and Charlotte! I'm so sorry I couldn't be there Sunday. I've been lazing away on the Tennessee River for the past week, but I was totally there in spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home