Monday, June 05, 2006

Weight Gain, Part II

I recently filled out all the pre-registration forms for admission to the hospital for the delivery of our baby girl. One of the forms was for her birth certificate. It was really cool to fill out her name and see it on paper. It looked so official. I was, however, a bit surprised at some of the other questions they wanted to know about me and Eric.

I expect them to want to know our race, but why don't they have "Hispanic/Latino" as a main category. I had to check "White" because it was the most accurate and then specify "Mexican" in the ancestry section. That was weird.

What was even stranger (and why I've titled this post "Weight Gain, Part II") is that it asked what my pre-pregnancy weight was and what my current weight is. Why is this relevant? I certainly hope this won't be printed on her birth certificate. I'm sure it's just for statistics, but can't they get that information from doctors? And, what makes them so sure that women are going to tell the truth? I admit that I was tempted to fudge a little, but decided against it because if they are compiling statistics, I would like them to be accurate.

Anyway, just a random thought. I'm really not as concerned about my weight gain as I may seem, especially now that I have just 2 weeks to go. What's done is done and the most important thing is that I have a healthy daughter to hold in my arms. She's been very dramatic in her movements lately, which I'm interpreting as "it's getting crowded in here, I want to come out." Soon little girl, soon.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

You are so funny. You don't look to me as though you've gained any more weight than other pregnant women have. I think you look beautiful!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger D.J. said...

Thanks! I truly think I'm over the whole thing now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home