Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scardy Cats

I'm not sure of the correct spelling of Scardy, but my 2 cats are scardy cats when it comes to rain and thunder. It's actually quite cute because they are so predictable.

Whenever it begins to rain, or thunder is heard, our cats crouch really low to the ground and run into our room to hide under the bed. And, they stay there until well after the storm has passed. Chester, who is usually the more adventurous one, goes first and stays the longest. There was a very brief storm last night and Chester hid under the bed until early this morning. Poor kitty.

Henry is much funnier in his attempt to protect himself from the rain. Maybe it's because he's a little fatter than Chester, or maybe he's just not as smart, but he doesn't quite make it all the way under the bed. He gets part of his body under, but the rest of him sticks out from under the bed skirt. It's very cute, but I wonder why he thinks he's safe in that position.

Our kitties are very entertaining to say the least. And for now, they get so much attention. Little do they know (or maybe they do) that a new little person will soon become the focus of our home, our energy, and our time.

PS: I think Chester knows that something is up. Sometimes he rests his head on my belly and feels the baby move. His eyes get big and he looks curiously up at me.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Little Light said...

Zoe held on to me for dear life once when I took her near the door to let my mother in. She was terrified.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

The dogs I sit for go INSANE during thunderstorms, and firecrackers may even be worse. The 4th of July is not a good day for dogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home