Thursday, May 18, 2006

When He's 64



When Paul McCartney turns 64 on June 18th of this year, he will be single again. I am extremely sad for him. I really wanted his marriage to Heather to work out. I was not among the nay sayers, but I truly believed that he found someone to love and that would love him for the rest of his life.

After all, Paul McCartney is not the kind of celebrity who jumps in and out of relationships at the drop of a hat. He and his first wife, the very "Lovely Linda", were married for 29 years. He loved her till the end, when she lost her battle with cancer. Over their 29 years of marriage, they only spent one night apart. They were devoted to each other, some might have said too devoted. He even let her play and sing in Wings and with other bands while he was on tour - not because she was good, but because they wanted to be together. I always admired that about them and thought it was a smart move. It's not easy to maintain a relationship when you're not together.

So, when Paul announced that he was going to marry Heather Mills, I was happy for him, and like his first marriage, I thought it would last. I'm sure they both thought it would last, and that's why it's so sad that they have announced their split. Why? They say they couldn't handle the pressure of being in the public eye constantly, but there has to be more there. All I feel is sadness for the both of them.

It makes me wonder if Paul already had his one, amazing, true love in life with Linda. He wrote some wonderful songs for Linda that pretty much sum up his feelings. I'll leave you with a snippet from "Maybe I'm Amazed".



Maybe I'm amazed at the way I love you all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you pulled me out of time
And hung me on a line
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Little Light said...

That's one of my favorite songs. I don't buy the public stress story either.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Little Light said...

I'd love to have someone write (or just sing, even) a song like that to me. sigh...oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home