Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wonderful Week

I've just come down from the high of a wonderful week. Last Tuesday, my mom and aunt came up from Texas to visit me and Eric, and to attend our baby shower. It was so incredible having them here. It wasn't a pleasure trip for them, but we did manage to get some fun in. Mostly though, we got things ready in our apartment for our little girl. Since we only have a one bedroom, our dining room has become her 'room', although she will not sleep in there. We're using the dining table as a changing and storage area, with additional storage underneath. I brought in my nightstand and lamp for her room too. It looks cute and cozy now. It's amazing how much stuff a little baby needs!

On Thursday night we went to see my good friend in "Tarzan" on Broadway (visit www.merledandridge.com). She played the role of Tarzan's ape mother, and had several solos and duets including "You'll Be In My Heart". She was amazing, and so was the show. It was great seeing her in her element, performing and sharing her gifts with the audience. She had some of the most tender moments in the show and made me cry twice.

Then, Saturday was the shower. Many of my friends (LaCanas, Emily, Merle, Beverly, Jenny, and Hylma) got together and planned something really special. The food was great and so was the company. The hostesses laid out onesies of various sizes on tables and asked people to decorate one using markers and stencils that they provided. We got some really cute outfits out of that! And, of course, we got some great gifts. Eric and I were overwhelmed with the generosity and thoughtfulness of our friends. I tried to properly thank everyone at the shower, but I was so overcome with emotion that I could hardly get out more than "Thank You."

I'll try to post some pictures from the shower soon. I've given up on trying to look thin in pictures. There's just no hiding the fact that my belly is huge, as well as just about everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home