Tuesday, March 21, 2006

People Passing Me By

I'm officially a slow walker, and I'm completely blaming this on my pregnancy.

This morning, I nearly missed my bus. I left at exactly the same time I usually leave, but I managed to loose a lot of time on my walk there. Most of the time I was thinking about the ache in my hips, lower back, and feet (from swelling), and about having to go to the restroom even though I had just gone right before I stepped outside my door. Very annoying.

Anyway, I turned the corner and saw my bus approaching, but I was still about a half block away. I tried to run, but my feet failed me, so I flailed my arms about in an attempt to get the drivers attention. I must have looked ridiculous, but it worked! Thankfully, the bus driver came to where I was and stopped to let me in. What a nice guy. My old bus driver was such a meanie and would never have done that.

Once I got to my stop in Manhattan, I noticed (as I've been noticing lately) that everyone keeps passing me by on the street. I use to be the one with a swift stride, now I must look like I'm out on a leisurely stroll with no place in particular to head towards or be. It's a little unnerving to see old men and women pass me by, but it's even more annoying when I see young girls with a bounce in their step pass me by. Why? I guess because I remember when that use to be me, and I never thought I'd be the one with the slow gait.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Little Light said...

I missed the C train this morning by one second - even after yelling for people to hold the door. I am not in a good mood.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger D.J. said...

The joys of city living!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home