Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Perfect Husband


Could it really be true? Do I have the perfect husband? While I know there is no such thing as perfection, Eric comes pretty close.

As of late, Eric's work schedule has been a little unusual. For example, he had Thursday and Friday off this week rather than Saturday and Sunday. What does he choose to do on his days off? Clean the house, do the laundry, clean the litter box, go grocery shopping, and run errands for both of us. Isn't that amazing? And, if that weren't enough, he even tried two new recipes and made sure that dinner was waiting for me when I got home from work on both nights. Plus, in anticipation of my birthday (which is today, by the way), he bought flowers and displayed them on our dining room table with my present and a card. He is just too wonderful for words. He would make an awesome househusband!!

Of course, leave it to me to think of an ulterior motive for his perfectness. Could it be that he is modeling what he expects from me when I become a housewife? I mentioned as much to him and he just laughed. Not exactly a denial, right? I did remind him that I'll have a newborn to take care of as well, so hopefully he'll cut me a little slack.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I know your housekeepin skills, girl. Hire a housekeeper. Straight away!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

Happy Birthday, Deej!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home