Friday, June 09, 2006

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day of work at the Manhattan Church of Christ. It has been wonderful working here, and I am grateful for the opportunity in so many ways. Before I started here, I was waiting tables at Planet Hollywood in midtown Manhattan and trying to get a job in musical theatre. I hated working at Planet Hollywood and expressed my hatred of it whenever I had the chance. Then, I found out from Larry Mudd, our Music Minister, that someone was needed in the church office and that the hours were pretty flexible. I jumped at the opportunity and never looked back.

That was around April of 2002, and I've been here every since, well, almost. I took about a year and a half off to work at the Carousel Dinner Theatre and then for the national tour of the Music Man. When I came back to town, I still had a job. Once again - grateful.

So, I"m a bit sad about leaving here, but I know it is time. I'm ready for a new chapter in my life, and having a baby certainly qualifies as a new chapter. I will miss everyone I work with and I'm sure I'll never again experience such a pleasant work environment. It's been great, but I must say "adios".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home