Wednesday, June 14, 2006

For All You Cat Lovers

First, let me just admit that I'm getting a bit restless waiting for this baby to come. I am easily annoyed, and can easily burst into tears or laughter. I guess it's normal. Just thought I'd confess on my blog and publicly apologize to Eric. It's a good thing he's such a patient and loving husband.

There is something that I heard about that I think is just too cute to not share - a reality show that features cats. Yes, it's true. Meow Mix has come up with what is basically Survivor/Big Brother for shelter kitties. Ten cats have been selected from all over the country to move to New York and live in a fabulous cat crib together. They will compete in kitty contests (who can purr the loudest, clean the longest, etc.) and then be evaluated by judges. Every day, one cat will be eliminated from the home. The good news is that every cat who is eliminated will go to a new, hopefully loving home and get a year supply of Meow Mix. The winner gets to work for Meow Mix as a taste tester, in addition to getting a new home.

The best part is that if you are in New York, you can go by the cat crib and see the kitties in action. If you are so inclined, the address is 435 Madison Ave., between 48th and 49th. I think I may just have to take a trip into the city if I get the chance. You can also visit www.meowmixhouse.com and read bios on the kitties, or see them live via the webcam (although I'm sure they're sleeping most of the time). The show airs this Friday night at 9:10 p.m. on Animal Planet. I'll most likely be watching.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

That is TOO CUTE!!! And it's not far from my work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home