Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Transformation

I have never been one of those people who goes gah gah over every baby they meet. I've never been one to volunteer to hold a baby. As a teenager, I never thought babysitting was a good or fun option for making extra money. Instead, I opted to work fast food. I always thought that my life would be just fine if I never had any children at all. After all, I had my cats. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked children, but from a comfortable distance.

All of that has changed. Shortly after marriage, I found myself actually wanting to have a child. During my pregnancy, I felt myself falling in love with the little being moving inside of me, but nothing prepared me for the love I felt once I saw her. In an instant, I was transformed into a mother. All the emotions I had heard about came pouring out from inside of me as I looked into my daughters eyes. My first words to her were "you're beautiful" as she was placed on my chest. I felt an immediate need to protect her and make sure she knew she was loved for the rest of her life.

So, I am a mother. And I probably will go gah gah over every baby I see from here on out. I am fully transformed.

PS: I'm posting a picture of my precious Charlotte, like a typical mother.

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the love and blessings of a mother are priceless to a child...you are both blest to have each other!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

She is definitely beautiful! Maybe one day I'll go nuts over one of my own ... when I'm 47 or something.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Charlotte is gorgeous, Deej. Even Van agrees, which is quite an achievement since we both know his opinion of cats, let alone children.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

They should make a baby avatar with lots of hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home