Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice Days

We're entering day three of ice lockdown. All schools in the surrounding area are closed, and so are most businesses. Even the branch of Enterprise where Eric works is closed. The news has been covering the ice storm non-stop since Monday, which if you ask me is a bit of overkill. How many times can you warn people to stay home, tell the weather (which stays the same), and then show video of the streets? We get the picture, ok? San Antonio can't handle a bit of winter.

I have to say that I was right about the snow. Despite predictions of snow, it still hasn't snowed. It rarely does, and I'm not sure why that is. The temperature is cold enough, but all we get is rain and sleet. Growing up I always wanted it to snow, and I actually believed the weather man when he said it would snow, but mostly I was disappointed. I've learned my lesson now.

Still, it's been nice having Eric home for a few days during the week. We've stayed indoors and have had fun playing with Charlotte, who is loving it!

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger kenny said...

We've got the same Excersaucer!

Just make sure all that ice/snow is melted and gone away by the time I arrive on Friday evening. Thanks.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daring litte girl,
God has truly blessed you with a wonderful husband and child. I'm so proud of the way you have lived your life and your commitment to your family. Again, thanks for being my girl.
Love
Dad

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

What a cute picture of Charlotte!

We finally had snow today in NYC after two weeks of springtime. Very bizarre -- and kind of refreshing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home