Thursday, January 25, 2007

An Update

I realize that it's been awhile since I've posted, but there's not really not too much going on here. We survived the ice storm of the season, but I developed a pretty strong case of cabin fever by the time it was all over. At the first opportunity, Charlotte and I left our house and headed for the movies. Many may think that she's much too young to enjoy going to the movies, but Charlotte is unique. If the movie has music in it, she loves it! So, I took her to see Dreamgirls. All I can say is my daughter has good taste. She took a break from nursing to listen to Effie's song , "And I'm Telling You, I'm Not Going". I guess even the smallest of people have to stop and really listen to that one. Once the scene was over, she quietly went back to eating.

In other interesting news, I stumbled upon a wild animal orphanage in our neighborhood, right next to our church. I was testing a new route when I looked over to my left and saw a beautiful bengal tiger. At first I was a little scared, but then I noticed the tall, sturdy looking fence and was able to fully admire that beautiful animal. Since then, I've driven by several times and spotted a grizzly bear, chimps, and a group of cheetahs. I'd love to volunteer there, but at the very least, I'm going to take the guided tour of the facility. They charge a small fee for the tour, but all of it goes towards the mainenance of the animals.

And finally, last night we were able to spend a few hours with a friend of ours from New York who was here on business. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest, but we were able to show him the highlights of San Antonio, which incidentaly didn't take long at all. We walked by the Alamo, admired the older architecture of downtown, took a stroll on the Riverwalk, and ended the evening by eating at possibly the most famous restaurant in San Antonio, Mi Tierra. The best part of the evening for us though was spending time with Kenny. It was so nice hearing about what is going on with him and his family, and about the church in Manhattan, which I still refer to as "our church". I really miss so many people there!

Well, that's about it. I'll leave you with a picture of Charlotte that was taken yesterday. She was in a stellar mood for most of the day.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger J-Wild said...

Hey DJ:

So jealous about Mi Terra. Kenny sent me some pics from your adventure and Charlotte is just beautiful. We miss you guys a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home