Friday, February 09, 2007

Napping with Charlotte

Charlotte and I have gotten into a wonderful routine together. Every morning she wakes up at about 6:00 - not the greatest, but still, things could be worse. I slowly get out of bed and make my way to her room. When I peer over her crib, she smiles her cutest smile and extends her arms out towards me to be picked up. This completely melts my heart and any thoughts of sleeping in quickly subside.

The next part of our predictable day happens at around 8:30 a.m., when Charlotte is ready for her first nap. Rather than put her in her crib, we nap together in our big bed. What's really funny is that she manages to take up 3/4 of the bed and I'm left with the rest. But, sleep comes and it couldn't be better. I periodically wake up and take a few minutes to stare at my angel pie. I love it - our morning naps last almost two hours, which is more than enough time to make up for what was lost with her early rising.

Ah yes, napping with Charlotte is good. If I'm really tired, I join her for her afternoon nap as well.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

mmm, naptime.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to read that you and Charlotte are enjoying this time together. Charlotte is very lucky to have a mom like you. I can already see you both enjoying each other company.
Love
dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home