Saturday, May 12, 2007

Busy

Whew! This past week is over! We had our spring concerts at Marshall HS this Thursday and Friday, and had either rehearsals or performances every other night this week. I had been dreading last week since I started the job, and am so glad it's over. It was, however, enjoyable in the end. Our choirs performed very well, soloists were amazing, and our tech crew did a seamless job with transitions. I'm so proud of the kids - they are really incredible.

Charlotte is wonderful. Here is what she is up to:

1.) Crawling - She has become very good (and fast) at crawling. One day she climbed all the stairs (with me close behind) and didn't even seem tired at the end.

2.) She is sporting one crooked tooth, and hopefully more are on the way. She loves chomping on anything with her tooth.

3.) Says "mama" - finally. Oh, it just makes my heart melt.

4.) Disobeying us on purpose. She understands what no means, stops to take it in, and then continues on her merry little way.

5.) Eating grown-up food like there's no tomorrow. I don't understand how such a little person can eat as much as she does.

All of this working and mothering has left me a little behind in the world of American Idol, Lost, blogging, and current events. Just to give you some idea, I still haven't watched American Idol Gives Back night, but it is waiting for me on our DVR. I have resorted to listening to the news on my way to work (thank you NPR), but have not watched the world news or done much reading on my own. That's one thing I miss about public transportation - at least I could read on my way to work.

One final thought. Something strange has been happening in Texas since we moved here. It rains all the time. Seriously. We haven't had to water our lawn since November, and it's greener than green. Everything down here is green, which is kind of freaky for South Texas.

Well, that's all for now. I hope to be a better blogger in the near future.

Oh yes, and here's Charlotte in all of her cuteness.

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Little Light said...

I'm losing track of how old she really is. She looks like a 2 year old!

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture of Charlotte. I hope that I can get this one in the upcoming prints. I just can't get enough of my grand dauthter!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home