Monday, February 19, 2007

Challenge

Could you live without your cell phone, e-mail, and blackberry for a week? That’s exactly what one man attempted to do after accepting a challenge by the Today Show. I can’t remember his name, but he is the managing editor for Forbes magazine, which implies that his job is pretty stressful and demanding. He also has a 6 year old daughter that he is obviously very close to. After nearly making it 2 days without any connection to the world except by his landline phone, he broke down and begged to get his cell phone back. He was crying. What caused this breakdown? I’m happy to say that it wasn’t over a business matter that needed urgent care, it was the thought that his daughter couldn’t get a hold of him if she needed to. That was really sweet to me.

I have been forgetting to take my cell phone with me quite often lately, and my only concern is that I won’t be able to contact Eric or my parents if I needed to, and that they wouldn’t be able to reach me if something urgent happened. I think I could live without email, and I don’t have a blackberry, so that’s easy. But a cell phone? No, I think I need that. How did we ever manage before?

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Little Light said...

No, you don't have your cell phone. I've noticed.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Sometimes on days off I leave without my cell phone -- on purpose. It's difficult. Like separating a baby from its pacifier. Takes a conscious effort.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

I think I could for a week -- if I wouldn't be fired. I often leave my cell off on purpose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home