Tuesday, March 13, 2007

News

I have some rather big news. Starting on Monday the 19th I will be returning to work. Yes, it is a bit sooner than I had originally planned, but this opportunity is too great to pass up. I will be the assistant choir director at Marshall High School, which has one of the best vocal programs in the city and state. I was asked to work with the non-varsity women’s choir as part of the interview process and was very impressed with their technique and sight singing abilities. I was also impressed with their enthusiasm and the contagious energy they passed onto even the most unlikely students. It was quite something to see even the gothic girls singing and dancing to “I Enjoy Being a Girl”. Anyway, I’m looking forward to returning to the world of choral music.

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is leaving Charlotte for most of the day. I looked into several daycare and nanny scenarios and finally decided on a daycare center that is almost literally right across the street from the high school. It is a really nice, clean, friendly place that is owned by a former nurse who smartly decided to make the space completely open, which helps keep the children healthy (and the daycare smell out). I did find a stay at home mom who could watch Charlotte at her house for a reasonable rate, but I decided on the daycare so that I could continue to nurse her. My plan is to nurse Charlotte first thing in the morning, then once again at the daycare before leaving, on my lunch break, and once again right after school. We’ve been practicing this schedule at home and she seems to be doing well. She certainly doesn’t NEED to nurse more than that, but she WANTS to nurse more than that if I’m around. I think she’s going to be fine – in fact I think she’s going to love the stimulation of being around other children – but I’m still a little worried that she’s going to miss me the way I’m going to miss her. Please pray that this transition will go smoothly for both of us.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger jch said...

It's hard, right? You guys will be in our prayers.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that it will be much easier for our little Charlotte than it will be for us. I still would like to go and observe her throughout one day (perhaps Monday her first day) while I visit this next week. This is more for my peace of mind than anything else and I hope that this will be OK with you to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home