Saturday, March 31, 2007

Still here

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Eric, Charlotte and I are doing fine, but this working mom thing is tricky. I have been feeling so guilty every morning when I leave Charlotte at daycare. The first two days were fine - I think she was enjoying the novelty of it all - but once reality set in, she was not having it. She has become ultra clingy and cries every time I leave her, which in turn makes me cry and doesn't lead to the start of a very good day for either of us. I love being able to see her at lunch, but then comes the inevitable moment when I have to leave and she starts to cry. It is just so heartbreaking. Add that to the fact that the number of babies in the daycare has just about doubled since the time I enrolled Charlotte and you can probably guess that I've been second-guessing the whole daycare thing.

Thankfully, a much better solution has arisen. My mom has volunteered to drive in to San Antonio on Sunday nights so that she can watch Charlotte Mondays through Wednesdays. On Thursdays and Fridays she will be going to the home of a caregiver that comes highly recommended and lives close to my school. I think it's going to work out beautifully. I will still be able to see Charlotte for lunch, and I'll know that she is receiving the attention and nurturing she needs.

In other Charlotte news, she has finally started crawling (but she still prefers to scoot), is sitting and standing up in her crib (which makes me nervous), waves at everyone and everything, and is all about eating big people food. She still hasn't sprouted a tooth, but I'm sure we'll see one soon.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

Suzy is awesome. What a great mom (and grandma)! I'm sure it will all work itself out, but I don't envy you the juggling. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home