Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Growing up, I was never a fan of this holiday. I would always forget to wear green, and the kids at school would have a little too much fun pinching me. But now, I have a reason to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

Seven years ago on this very day, Eric and I had our first date. He showed up at my East Village apartment with flowers and chocolate chip cookies that he baked himself. The cookies won me over. He then drove (a rarity in New York) us to Tequilla Sunrise, a Mexican restaurant in New Rochelle. The food was pretty good by New York standards, and the atmosphere was great. I was recovering from ACL surgery on my right knee and was visibly limping, but Eric didn’t seem to mind. He was such a sweetheart the whole evening. When we were riding home later that night I remember thinking that this was it, that I had found the man I was going to marry. It was strange, really, but I just had this vision of us in the future driving in his car. It all seemed so right. Weird, isn’t it?

So, does anyone else celebrate the first date they had with their spouse? If so, what do you call it – Dateaversary?


(BTW, in response to my previous post – I had no idea how many Bucky fans there are out there. That was my first semi-controversial post.)

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

Happy St. Patty's! And for what it's worth, I completely agree with you about Bucky and Sanjaya. Sanjaya was frightening this week. I was amazed. Overall, I feel like the caliber is a lot lower this year.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Our first date was pumpkin picking...and Kenny proposed at that farm 5 years later...and we got married at the church directly across the street from the farm...
So our first date was pretty significant too =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home