Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Not Shocked

I'm not shocked that Melinda Doolittle went home tonight on AI. In fact, I predicted it after her performance last night. I didn't want to be right, but I thought I would be. She didn't wow me like she usually does, and she forgot her words to "WOMAN" (or whatever the real title is). I've loved Blake from the very beginning, and can forgive him for going overboard with the beat box thing. Jordin is great too - and she's really improved vocally since the beginning (with the exception of Bon Jovi week). Still, Melinda was the best singer on the show, and she deserved to win, but when does that really work out? I can't speak for Season 2 because I did not watch it, but it always seems that the best singer does not win. Even Kelly Clarkson, who is an amazing singer, did not show us what she is now capable of doing when she was on the show. She was usually vocally tired, and pushed her voice to the point where I thought she would do some serious damage.

Just had to comment on the show tonight.

By the way (for those of you who know Merle), have you noticed that Jordin has similar mannerisms while performing? I have, and if you're reading this Merle, it makes me miss you all the more.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger OperaBarbie said...

I was a huge Melinda fan, though, so I'm quite disappointed. I feel that Blake is too generic, and while Jordin has great pipes, she's just not Melinda. Ah, well. Glad you're writing again and LOVED the great pic of Charlotte.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home